This is my own recipe, based on the “Spanish” Quinoa recipe also posted here.
8 ounces frozen peas
1 packet chicken bouillon
2 ½ cups water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tart apple, scrubbed and chopped
1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
1 ½ cups quinoa, rinsed well
1 teaspoon curry powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Defrost the frozen peas in the refrigerator.
- Mix the chicken bouillon into 2 ½ cups water; stir until bouillon is dissolved in the liquid. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and sauté the onion until translucent, 3-5 min. Add garlic and apple and sauté 3-5 min. more.
- Combine sautéed vegetables, water with bouillon, diced tomatoes, quinoa, curry powder and cayenne pepper in crockpot.
- Cook on low 3-4 hours. Stir in thawed peas; cook ½ hour longer.
Makes 8 servings.