Also see North African Lamb Stew
¾ cup plain yogurt
3 tablespoons orange juice
1 scallion, sliced
1 ½ teaspoons ground coriander
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground cardamom
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
8 lamb leg sirloin chops, 1" thick
6 pork loin rib chops, ¾" thick
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 medium cucumber, chopped
½ cup plain yogurt
hot cooked couscous or rice
fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Mix together ¾ cup yogurt, orange juice, scallion, salt, and spices. Arrange chops in shallow dish, cover with marinade, and refrigerate overnight.
- For the sauce, mix together yogurt, onion, tomato, and cucumber. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill until serving time.
- Remove chops from marinade, reserving marinade.
- For lamb, grill on medium, 14 – 16 min. or to desired doneness, turning once and brushing often with marinade.
- For pork, grill over medium-high heat, 12 – 14 min., or until no longer pink, turning once and brushing often with marinade.
- Serve with couscous or rice, with the refrigerated sauce on the side. Garnish with cilantro.