½ pound elbow macaroni
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
½ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups milk
1 cup grated sharp cheddar
1 cup cooked shrimp
1 cup canned tuna
- Preheat oven to 400 °. Grease a casserole dish; set aside.
- Cook elbow macaroni until it is al dente. Drain it, and place in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt butter, then stir in flour, black pepper, and salt. Add milk gradually and continue cooking until thickened. Add cheese and continue to cook until cheese is melted.
- If adding cooked shrimp or canned tuna, add it to the mixing bowl with the macaroni.
- Combine sauce and macaroni and pour into greased casserole. Top with buttered bread crumbs and bake in moderately hot oven (375°) for about 20 min.