1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
¼ cup butter
3 packages, 8 ounces each, cream cheese, softened
1 ¼ cups sugar
8 ounces sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
½ cup cocoa
2 tablespoons flour
½ cup chocolate chips
2 teaspoons Crisco
- Combine crumbs with butter; press onto bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Heat oven to 450°.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until blended. Beat in the sour cream. Beat in cocoa and flour. Add eggs, one at a time; beat just until blended. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 10 min. at 450°. Reduce oven temperature to 250°; continue baking for 40 min. more. Remove from oven to wire rack. With a knife, loosen the cake from the side of the pan. Cool completely; remove side of pan.
- Place ½ cup chocolate chips and shortening in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high, 30 seconds. If necessary, microwave on high an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after heating, just until chips are melted. Drizzle over top of cake.
- Refrigerate cake 4-6 hours before serving.