½ cup sugar
3 cups milk, scalded
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups cooked brown rice
½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a shallow baking dish, 13" x 9".
- Beat eggs, add the sugar, and beat until smooth.
- Pour in scalded milk, salt and vanilla. Add rice and raisins.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake the rice pudding in a water bath: place the baking dish in a larger pan, with sides at least one of a half to 2 inches high. Add hot water to the larger pan, enough to put the water level about halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 45 min. or until custard is set.
- Serve warm or cold with milk or whipped cream.